Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Worth a Thousand Words

Today I had an uncharacteristic desire to take pictures. 

Even though I've seen women in their colorful traje carry large baskets on their heads hundreds and hundreds of times, today I wanted to capture it. 

I wake up to a view of the volcano everyday, but today I wondered why I didn't wake up every morning and take a picture of it.

Even though Ruthie has made tortillas at our favorite lunch place before, today it seemed extra special and extra cute.

Sam has gone to Angel Gabriel preschool for two years (and Ruth since January) and only today did I finally go get a picture with their teacher and their friends.

Leyda (our nanny) and I have shared two years of being friends and raising these children.  For some reason, five pictures with her on the couch with my kids today didn't quite seem like enough.

If I capture it, will it stay? 

If I take a picture will I remember better? 

God, I hope so.














1 comment:

  1. You'll remember. We tend to remember those beautiful things that change our lives for the better. Cherish these moments and places. They are God's special, tender gifts of love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete